Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) to backup to the likes of OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, AWS S3, Wasabi, etc. is a simple task that takes less than two minutes.
Configure your cloud storage endpoint.
- Register an account with Couchdrop
- Once registered with Couchdrop, navigate to Couchdrop Portal to set up your storage endpoint.
- Setup your cloud storage endpoint — see here for how to configure your desired provider, the example below is for Dropbox
For CUCM, disable Async uploads
- Navigate to Couchdrop settings
- Unselect Async SFTP uploads
- Save Settings
Set up your SFTP backup within CUCM.
- Log into the Disaster Recovery System of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager and choose the Backup Device option from the Backup menu
- When the Backup Device List window appears, click the Add New button in order to add a new backup device
- When the window appears, enter this the below into window and assign a name for the backup device:
- Server name – sftp.couchdrop.io
- Path name – path name for the directory where you want to store the backup file
- Username – Your Couchdrop created user
- Password – Your Couchdrop user’s password